I was a delight to be invited by the Palestine Israel Ecumenical Network (PIEN) to give a presentation at the Royal Oak Hotel while in Melbourne recently. They asked me to talk about the historical roots and political agenda of Christian Zionism.
My presentation was based on two of the chapters from my book, Christian Zionism: Roadmap to Armageddon?
Christian Zionism Master Theology (part 2)
Christian Zionism Master Politics (part 3)
The Palestine Israel Ecumenical Network Inc (PIEN) is a network of Australian Christians seeking lasting peace and justice for the people of Palestine and Israel. To achieve this purpose, the organisation will:
- Encourage and equip Australian churches to promote peace and reconciliation in Palestine and Israel, inspired by Christ’s vision for universal reconciliation;
- Educate Australian churches and the wider public on human rights issues in Palestine and Israel;
- Seek public policy change in Australia on the achievement of peace and justice in Palestine and Israel;
- Influence public opinion and advance public debate on issues of peace and justice in Palestine and Israel;
- Encourage theological discussion and practical action that reflect the hopes and aspirations of Palestinians for real and lasting peace and justice.
- Express solidarity with Palestinian Christians and with others who genuinely seek peace and justice for all Palestinians and Israelis;
- Collaborate with other organisations seeking peace and justice for the people of Palestine and Israel.
The network includes over 500 people people, from over eleven different denominations, across all parts of Australia as well as Australian Christian aid and development agencies working in Palestine and Israel. We were established in 2006 by church leaders who saw a particular role for Christians to advocate from a faith perspective about Palestinian human rights. We are an independent working group that has a formal relationship with the ACT Council of Churches.